Grampian Automobile Club was formed in 1995 by local motorsport enthusiasts in order to keep the Hill Climb course at Fintray House alive and active, it being the only Hill Climb course in the North East of Scotland. Fintray House stood on the outside of Ruin, hence the name. 'Fintray House was demolished in 1952/53, but 12 new houses in Hatton of Fintray village were built with granite from the mansion house. So in a sense, Fintray has conserved its substance, and its ancient link with the manorial family, the Forbes and Forbes-Sempills of Graigievar still remains.
George Robinson approached John Whyte with the initial idea and together they pulled in other interested parties so that GAC could be formed to take on the running of Fintray. They ran their first Fintray House Hill Climb in May 1995 and it has run every year since then with 4 events over 2 weekends, in May and August. Initially run back in the 60's by ADMC, the event used to run as a National counter in the British Hill Climb Championship.
The current Fintray track record of 24.81 was set by Ross Napier on 19th May 2018.
The current Alford track record of 45.12 was set by Lee Adams on 19th July 2010.